Terms & Conditions
The current New Zealand government guidelines for Covid-19 can be found here: https://covid19.govt.nz/
New Zealand ski areas will be able to operate in 2022 under the COVID Protection Framework. Ski areas will implement all required public health measures and if required, make operational adjustments to ensure they comply with any gathering limit restrictions.
The health and safety of our guests and staff is of the utmost importance.
We ask that you refrain from visiting our Mountains or Snow Centre if you have Covid-19, are awaiting test results or you are experiencing Covid-19symptoms. Guests should comply with any applicable isolation requirements found here: https://covid19.govt.nz/isolation-and-care
Please see our general cancellation and refund policy for Terms and Conditions relating to Covid-19 and our operations.
For International Guests:
We’re looking forward to welcoming our overseas guests back to our New Zealand mountains but understand that there may be some uncertainty around booking international travel, for the 2022 winter season. New Zealand is currently operating under the Covid Protection (Traffic Light) Framework, where Red, Orange and Green settings represent differing levels of government restrictions to limit the impact of Covid-19.
For peace of mind, if guests who normally reside outside of New Zealand are unable to travel to New Zealand, due to border closure mandated with either their respective countries or the New Zealand government, then affected guests are eligible for a full credit or refund on their purchased products. In the case of Season Pass products, you are required to purchase Pass Protection to be eligible for a refund or credit in this situation.
Please be aware that certain criteria apply, refund requests received after the 31st of October for the winter season you purchased the product for will not be considered and the purchased products forfeit.
Applications for refunds can be made through our Guest Services team who are contactable at firstname.lastname@example.org. Claims must be supported by evidence including but not limited to a doctor's certificate, evidence of travel restrictions, or cancellations.
General Terms and Conditions
- The operating season of the NZSki Limited (NZSki) ski areas is subject to snow, weather, mountain, and regulatory requirements e.g., Covid-19. The season may be longer or shorter than publicised. NZSki makes no commitment as to the length of the season, number of lifts operating at any time or to the operation of an area or facility on any day.
- A pass is defined as an RFID card (otherwise known as MyPass card) and all associated products. All product purchasers and users agree to the rules, regulations, and directions expressed or implied of NZSki Ltd. A breach of these Terms and Conditions may result in a withdrawal of any passes or products or any benefits thereof.
- Passes and products purchased are valid only for the winter or summer season in which they were purchased for and will expire at the end of each season. Unused products will expire and not be valid for the following season.
- Passes and products are not transferable. A pass may only be used by the person whose name it bears or is assigned to and photograph it matches in NZSki's records. Transferring or re-selling your pass or product is an offence and may result in penalties including loss of access to ski area facilities and possible prosecution.
- Both the identified pass holder and the person who attempts to use that pass to unlawfully gain access to the lifts will face possible prosecution and be subject to a trespass order which will prevent access to Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt. You may be subject to trespass notice from other commercial ski areas in New Zealand.
- NZSki Ltd does not accept responsibility for lost or damaged MyPass cards. The MyPass card remains the property of NZSki Ltd.
- If you lose or misplace your MyPass card or it is stolen, please report this immediately to Guest Services on 0800 697 547 or email@example.com so we can suspend/cancel it and re-issue a replacement. A card replacement fee may apply.
- NZSki reserves the right to decline to reissue the pass or to issue you with passes in the future if a third party is found using your pass without its loss recorded in our system.
- Misconduct will result in cancellation or suspension of the pass with no refund and possible removal from the Mountain. Misconduct includes, but is not limited to, reckless or dangerous behaviour while participating in on-mountain actives, excessive speed within a slow or learning zone, disregard for closed areas, unsociable or abusive behaviour, being under the influence of alcohol or drugs, supply of incorrect information or any other breach of the conditions of service.
- The pass holder assumes all risk of personal injury, property loss and damage and understands participation in alpine activities and use of the alpine area comes at their own risk. While all practical steps have been taken to mitigate, identify, and remove hazards, the pass holder accepts that marked and unmarked hazards exist.
- Please note that if the photo uploaded does not meet our criteria you may be asked to update this in person at one of our Guest Services locations. Passes with photos that do not meet our criteria may be suspended.
Cancellations, Refunds and Mountain Closures
All passes and products are considered non-refundable and non-transferable unless specified elsewhere in our terms and conditions.
Season Pass products will not be refundable under any circumstances unless Pass Protection has been purchased.
For other products, applications for credits, or refunds will be considered for injury or medical reasons, or where travel or operational restrictions imposed by a regulatory body precludes usage of your products across the entire season. Where usage is impacted over only part of the season, any credit, or refund will be only granted at NZSki’s discretion.
To apply for a refund, please contact our Guest Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Claims must be supported by evidence including but not limited to a doctor's certificate, evidence of travel restrictions or cancellations.
All credits or refunds are final as of the 31st of October for the season for which the product was purchased, any enquiries after this time will not be honoured.
All refunds will be made in New Zealand Dollars using the payment method/and or payment card originally used for purchase. If you paid by a credit card denominated in a foreign currency, the amount that you are refunded in your foreign currency may differ from what you were charged at the time of booking due to changes in the foreign exchange rates, non-refundable or additional bank or credit card charges, or other factors. NZSki will accept no liability for any loss that may be suffered due to these factors in relation to the amount refunded.
NZSki reserves the right to obtain independent advice to validate any claim.
Downgrades to lower-value products will not be offered after the time of purchase. This applies to all products.
Age Group & Eligibility Definitions
Age is as of 1st June in the season for which you have purchased.
7yrs and under ski or ride for free at Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt.
Child: 8 – 17yrs inclusive
Adult: 18 - 64 years
Senior: 65–74yrs of age. Photo ID will be required.
Super Senior: 75yrs of age or older, photo ID will be required.
All lift users require a MyPass card. Photographic ID may be required to collect.
A student is 18+yrs enrolled full-time (minimum 32 weeks in a calendar year) with a New Zealand or Australian secondary or tertiary institution.
Evidence of full-time enrolment requires two forms of proof to verify.
- A valid, photographic student ID
- A letter from a New Zealand or Australian tertiary institution proving full-time enrolment (this can also be from Studylink).
BCITO, ISIC, apprentices and other international student cards are not accepted.
Evidence must be approved by Guest Services before your Student Pass is activated.
Accepted Payment Methods
Our preferred method of payment is via electronic means for contactless payments. Our mountains are cashless and NZSki reserves the right to refuse cash as a means of payment when purchasing products or services from any NZSki location.
A valid lift pass is required to use any of the lift facilities at Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt ski areas. Using or attempting to use any of the lift facilities without a valid lift pass will result in some/all the following penalties:
- A requirement to purchase a valid lift pass or passes to cover the fraudulent use.
- Issuance of a trespass notice preventing any future visit to the ski area; and/or a report to the police with the option of prosecution to the full extent of the law.
PLEASE NOTE: ENTRY TO ALL NZSKI SKI AREAS CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF AND AGREEMENT TO ALL OF NZSKI TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
UAV and Drone Policy
Due to Department of Conservation (DOC) regulations, the recreational use of UAVs or Drones is prohibited at Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt.
For information on commercial filming or photography, including drone use, visit our trade and media page. Link below.
The customer consents to NZSki making disclosures required by the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act 2003 in an electronic form, by means of email.
These terms and conditions do not waive any rights or remedies you may have under the Consumers Guarantees Act 1993.
MyPass money is the stored credit facility offered on the MyPass card at NZSki ski areas in New Zealand.
The purchaser and/or users of MyPass money agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
- NZSki Ltd will not be held liable for misuse, loss, or fraudulent use of MyPass money where the MyPass money account holder has disclosed their PIN either intentionally or otherwise.
- MyPass money will be available online with the correct registration of your MyPass and via logging in with your user-defined password. MyPass money can also be used at Guest Services, food and beverage and retail locations after you have set up a PIN with our Guest Services team.
- A MyPass money account must be authorised by a parent or guardian for account holders less than 16 years.
- A parent or guardian must be present for children under 16 years to load a PIN and enable a child's account.
- A PIN can only be reset by the MyPass account holder at Guest Services or over the phone provided their identity matches the information stored against the account holder's profile.
- MyPass money purchased directly will be fully refundable before expiration. MyPass money offered as a credit, refund or prize will be non-refundable.
- MyPass money can be used for transactions at NZSki outlets on the basis that 1 MyPass money dollar is equivalent to 1 NZ dollar.
- MyPass money can be used for part payment of a purchase.
- MyPass money can only be redeemed by the presentation of the appropriate MyPass card or online via a registered MyPass account.
- MyPass money can only be redeemed on the mountain by account holder verification using a PIN.
- MyPass money can be redeemed by the named MyPass holder for the purchase of products for other MyPass holders.
- Refundable MyPass money credit balances up to $500 can be refunded to the account holder at any NZSki Guest Services location. Credit balances greater than $500 can be refunded on application.
- MyPass money credit balances for account holders under 16 years will only be refunded to the parent or guardian that authorised and enabled the account.
- MyPass money credit balance refunds will be in the form of the most recent deposit.
- Any MyPass money credit remaining after a period of 24 months since the last activity will expire and the balance retained by NZSki Ltd. Non-refundable MyPass credit may be offered with extended validity in some cases.
In addition to our general Terms and Conditions there may be some events where additional conditions apply. These are outlined below.
Condition of entry:
It is a condition of entry to the Event that a search of you and/or your possessions be conducted at the time of entry to the Venue and at other times if requested by the Promoter or Event Staff. This may include, but is not limited to, bag checks, pat downs, metal detector tests and drug detection tests. If you do not consent to such searches, you may be denied entry to the Venue, or evicted from the Event.
Items not allowed:
- Alcohol & Illicit drugs
- Glass bottles or cans
- Sound amplifiers including loudhailers, vuvuzelas, and air horns
- Recording devices for personal or commercial purposes
- Flares, fireworks, laser pointers
- Knives or other dangerous weapons
- Full face coverings
- Flag poles of more than one metre in length
- Signs, banners, or clothing that are obscene, offensive, or abusive
- Any other item that may cause injury or public nuisance or inconvenience to any other person
Items that are allowed:
- Empty drinking vessels
- Soft-sided chilly bags, picnic baskets
- Prams, strollers, pushchairs
Changes in event:
NZSki (includes Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt) or contracted event coordinators reserves the right to change, add, withdraw, or substitute artists in the Event line-up, vary the advertised programme, the entry and exit times, the amenities, the facilities, the attractions, and the entertainment at its discretion without prior notification. You acknowledge that the NZSki contracted event coordinators do not make any representations or warranties in respect of the aforementioned factors, and you have not relied on any representations or warranties by the NZSki regarding the above in connection with your purchase of an Event Ticket.
In cases where the Event cannot take place due to situations outside of NZSki’s reasonable control, NZSki reserves the postpone the Event or cancel if no suitable reschedule dates exist. Normal refund policy will apply.
NZSki may deny admission to the Venue (including admission to a particular performance at the Venue) in accordance with the Event Terms or otherwise in its absolute discretion.
Photography of events:
By attending this event you are providing perpetual permission to be filmed, photographed or used in any marketing material by NZSki.
Those attending live music events on mountain will not record or reproduce the performance of the artist in audio or visual format without the prior written consent of the Artist’s manager or tour manager.
Drones are not allowed unless all flight plan, unless otherwise authorized. See UAV and Drone policy for further details.
NZSki retains the right to confiscate footage.
People with disability and access to areas:
NZSki will endeavour to make the Venue accessible for those using wheelchairs, mobility scooters or with a disability; however, you acknowledge that the Venue has pre-existing natural terrain and pre-existing structures and facilities, and in some cases, it may be impossible, impractical, unsafe or contrary to building laws or regulations to make all areas of the Venue accessible for all patrons.
By purchasing an Event Ticket, you acknowledge and understand that some public areas of the Venue may not be accessible by all patrons. If you have any concerns about the accessibility of the Venue, please contact the NZSki prior to the Event for more information.
Photography/Videography on the mountain
Please note that NZSki regularly capture photos and videos of customers at Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt. This content may be used in our marketing material.
If you would prefer that you are not filmed or photographed, please advise our Guest Services or Admin team on the mountain and we will do our best to ensure your image isn’t captured, although this cannot be guaranteed.
Regional Schools, Terms & Conditions
- Due to the nature of our business and peak times during the season, for any school wishing to visit during the NZ or AU school holidays, they will incur the increased weekend rates.
- We have a maximum capacity of bookings we can offer on any given day, due to the limitations of our Rental
and Snowsports departments.
- To avoid disappointment, we recommend booking well in advance with the Sales and Reservations Coordinator.
- Please note that once we have confirmation of discipline (Ski or Snowboard) choices, this needs to be kept the same throughout the trip. To accommodate your group, a limit on the maximum number of skiers or snowboarders may be put in place.
- Availability is limited and is on a first come first served basis
- Final numbers must be confirmed NLT 48 hours prior to your arrival on the mountain.
- Payment will be calculated based on these final confirmed numbers
- If students request to change discipline on the day, we may not be able to offer them lessons at the appropriate level.
- If numbers are not confirmed 48 hours before arrival NZSki cannot guarantee sufficient instructors or availability of rental equipment.
- When you arrive, please proceed to the Guests Services Desk to collect your group’s MyPass cards.
- The total charge will be calculated on confirmed numbers supplied by the school, which must be paid 48hrs
prior to arrival. Final numbers and payment due will be calculated on the information submitted by the
school. Payment changes after this time will not be made.
- A payment must be received prior to MyPass cards being distributed.
- Payment methods include:
- Credit Card
- Bank Transfer
- School cheque
- If you would like to pay via bank transfer, please allow an extra 2 business days for funds to clear.
- If extra students arrive on the first ski day, NZSki will require payment for the additional students before
distributing their MyPass cards.
- Any students that have been confirmed but have not participated in the programme are entitled to a refund.
- Any absenteeism must be communicated to the Sales & Reservation coordinator before receiving their MyPass card.
- Absenteeism notices will only be accepted by the group leader.
- Students who do not participate in the skiing programme will be entitled to a refund less a $10 administrative
fee per student.
- Refunds need to be requested on the day of your visit and will be processed at the end of the day either through
EFTPOS or Cash.
- Contingency Planning (Bad Weather days)
- Please check our website for the most up-to-date mountain information. Snow Reports are updated no later than 6:30am.
- Please note if the mountain is operational lessons will go ahead as planned.
- Contingency Planning (Closed days)
- If the ski area you have booked to visit is closed, we will try to reschedule your visit for another day.
- If an alternative day is not available, we will refund you for the day missed.
- For 9.00am Lessons please check-in with Sales & Reservations Coordinator NLT 8.15am to collect your passes
and proceed through Rentals.
- For 11.00am Lessons please check-in with Sales & Reservations Coordinator NLT 10.15am to collect your passes
and proceed through Rentals.
- The Reservation Coordinator will help you with the check-in process, including registration without on-site medical
team, bag storage for your group and when to proceed to Rentals to collect your equipment.
- Snowsports lessons are 1hr 50minutes in duration.
- Lesson Times
- There are three daily slots at Mt Hutt for which schools can be allocated lessons.
- Lessons depart at 9.00am, 11.00am and 1:30pm.
- The slot they are allocated depends on availability and load.
- Lesson times are on as available basis. If capacity has been reached, we may schedule lessons at other times
- If your group is larger than the available capacity for any given lesson, we cannot guarantee the same lesson
time for all participants of your group.
- In the event we cannot offer the same lesson time for all participants, those of the highest levels will be given a lesson at a later timeslot to accommodate for beginners.
- In the event of late arrival to your stated lesson time because of:
- Inclement Weather
- Any other circumstance outside of your control.
- Where possible the Snowsports School will re-arrange lesson times in conjunction with your group coordinator.
- The minimum age for Skiing is 5 years and the minimum age for Snowboarding is 7 years.
- Although it is our goal, we cannot guarantee the same instructor for each day of your visit.
- Group size target of 10 students of similar ability per instructor.
- Group sizes may be in the range of 5 – 15 students depending on ability and the spread of abilities across the wider group.
- If group sizes are 3 students or below, lesson times will be reduced to 1 hour; students may also be asked to
join group lessons with the general public at 10:30, according to the below time schedule. This will be advised
by the Reservation Coordinator ahead of your visit.
- If the student is 15 years or younger, we may ask them to join in Group Lessons at 10:20am. (Lesson length 1hr 50mins)
- If students are 16 years or older, we may ask them to join in Adult Workshops at 10.20am. (Lesson
length 1hr 50mins)
- If students are attending one of these lessons, please collect ticket from the Sales & Reservations Coordinator in the morning.
- Teachers are here on a supervisory capacity; it is up to the teachers and accompanying staff to maintain
supervision of all students for the day of visit to ensure that safety is paramount.
- As there is limited availability with respect to lessons and rental equipment, any request to change mountain or lesson times must be confirmed by NZSki and will only be considered on as space available basis.
- Stated times are departure times. Please ensure teachers have students organised in their groups, with equipment and ready to go at least ten (10) minutes prior to this time.
- Delayed departures mean that lessons will be shortened.
- To ensure your group collects their equipment in Rentals as quickly as possible, we require the following information from the import spread sheet.
- First and Last Names
- Discipline (ski or snowboard)
- Ability level (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
- If this information is not provided, then please allow additional time in Rentals for equipment collection.
- Rentals is open from 8.15am on the day of your visit to ensure adequate time to go through the process before
- If your group school is visiting for multiple, consecutive days, with a rest day during your visit, all equipment
must be returned before departing the mountain.
- For safety reasons, it is compulsory that all children wear helmets, which are included in the programme cost.
- Wrist guards are available at no extra charge and are highly recommended for all snowboarders.
- NZSki ski areas do not have waterproof gloves, goggles, sunglasses, or warm hats available for hire. All individuals must bring their own, or these items can be purchased from our retail stores.
- As per the Terms & Conditions of the rental agreement, the renter is liable for the cost of replacement if equipment is lost or stolen, and the cost to repair the equipment if damaged.
NB: This document replaces any past agreements with NZSki and outlines terms of service for the 2021 winter season.
If a situation occurs that is not outlined in this document, please contact the Sales and Reservations Coordinator to discuss.
Sales and Reservations Contact:
+64 (0) 3 307 6315
No Questions Asked Refund Policy
Only 3 Peak Season Passes, Mt Hutt Season Passes and Multiday Pass products purchased during the Super Earlybird or Earlybird campaign periods of 15 October 2021 - 28 April 2022 come with a no questions asked refund policy.
This means you have until 12 am (midnight) on 1 June 2022 to decide if you would like to use your 3 Peak Season Passes, Mt Hutt Season Passes or Multiday Pass for the 2022 ski season. If you do not wish to use your pass you must request a refund by emailing your request to email@example.com before 12 am (midnight) on 1 June 2022.
If you purchase your Season Pass or Multiday product outside of the Super Earlybird or Earlybird sales periods you are not eligible for the no questions asked refund and our general terms and conditions apply.
Each customer that requests a refund for their Season Pass will be refunded the full Season Pass purchase price and any add on products purchased (including First Tracks, Full Season Pass Rental, and/or Pass Protection) if they paid in full at the time of purchase. Customers that have purchased on an instalment plan will also be refunded, minus a $50 non-refundable deposit.
If you upgrade to a 3 Peak Pass or Mt Hutt Pass from another product and then choose to apply for a refund, you are only eligible to be refunded the difference from the initial product to the 3 Peak Pass or Mt Hutt Pass upgrade. If you used non-refundable MyPass money towards your 3 Peak or Mt Hutt Pass, you are eligible to be credited back that non-refundable MyPass money.
Each customer that requests a refund and purchased their Season Pass by instalment will be refunded the amount of the Season Pass purchase price and any add on products purchased (including First Tracks, Season Pass Rental, and/or Pass Protection) minus a $50 non-refundable deposit.
From 2 June 2022 all Season Passes are non-refundable under any circumstances unless the Injury/Medical cover option (Pass Protection) has been purchased. The circumstances in which Pass Protection applies, and the amounts refundable, are set out elsewhere in NZSki’s Terms and Conditions. Please make sure you have read the Terms and Conditions in full.
Torpedo7 Club Members
Torpedo7 Club Members receive 20% discount on half and full-day MTB passes at Coronet Peak for the 2021/22 Summer Season.
- Offer is exclusive to Torpedo7 Club Members
- The offer is valid from 1 January 2022 – 28 February 2022
- Half and Full day Passes are available for redemption from 10am until 4PM Thursday to Monday over summer.
- Valid for adults & children via online purchases
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.
AUSTRALIA FLASH SALE - MARCH 2022
The following terms and conditions apply to the 3 Day Lift Pass + Free Night Ski product as part of the 2022 March Flash Sale:
- The 3 Day Lift Pass provides full mountain lift access at Coronet Peak, The Remarkables, and Mt Hutt.
- Each day of the pass is valid for use between the standard operating hours of 9am – 4pm and can be redeemed on any day during the ski season, they do not need to be used consecutively, but all days must be used within 14 days of the first day of use.
- Night Ski runs 4-9pm on Wednesday and Friday nights from 22nd June – 2nd Sept and the three school holiday Saturdays in July at Coronet Peak
- Operations are subject to weather and snow conditions
- The Night Ski pass is for a single Night Ski and is only valid at Coronet Peak on operational Night Ski nights.
- Passes are valid for lift access only and are not the exchangeable Superpass product.
- Lift Passes can only be used by the individual named at the time of purchase and are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- The 2022 March Flash Sale ends at midnight New Zealand time on the 21 March 2022 and purchase is only available online.
- Not available in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- Please see our Covid-19 conditions for this winter season here.
Age Categories (inclusive):
- Adult 18- 64 years
- Child 8-17 years
You Don't Have To Choose
Competition open to NZ and AU residents from 1 March - 14 April.
Select your favourite mountain, enter your details and go in to win one of five 3 Peak Season Passes for 2022!
The winner will be drawn on April 14th. Maximum of 1 pass given away per person. The winner will be contacted by NZSki on 14 April 2022.
If the winner already has a 2022 3 Peak Pass they will be entitled to a refund on their purchased product.
As a purchaser/user of any NZSki Ltd Season Pass – 3 Peak Pass and Mt Hutt Pass - we require your understanding and agreement to the outlined terms and conditions:
Season Passes are non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances unless Pass Protection has been purchased.
Pass Protection costs $50 and is available as an add-on only at the original time of purchase.
Any Season Pass purchased without Pass Protection is not eligible for a refund unless purchased during the Earlybird campaigns and falls within the No Questions Asked refund term for 2022. See the Promotions section for more detail.
Downgrades to lower value products will not be offered after the time of purchase. This applies to all products.
The 3 Peak Season Pass provides the holder with skiing and snowboarding at Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt on all operational days during the season that the pass was purchased for. This includes standard operating hours of 9am - 4pm, plus Night Skiing at Coronet Peak from 4pm - 9pm when Night Skiing is operating.
The Mt Hutt Season Pass provides holders with unlimited skiing and snowboarding at Mt Hutt on all operational days during the season that the pass was purchased for. This includes the standard operating hours of 9am - 4pm. In addition, holders are entitled to discounts on the standard day pass rate at Coronet Peak and The Remarkables.
The Mt Hutt Midweek Season Pass provides holders with unlimited skiing and snowboarding at Mt Hutt, on all operational midweek days (Monday – Friday) during the season that the pass was purchased for. This includes the standard operating hours of 9am - 4pm. This is only available for adults.
Upgrade to a Mt Hutt Season Pass:
You can upgrade from a Midweek Season Pass to a full Mt Hutt Season Pass anytime prior to 31 August. The cost of upgrading will depend on when you purchase your Midweek pass.
Upgrade to a 3 Peak Pass:
If you wish to upgrade your Mt Hutt Season Pass or Mt Hutt Mid-Week Pass to a 3 Peak Pass, you must request this prior to 31 August for the season your products are valid for.
Guests that had a 2021 Season Pass (3 Peak Pass or Mt Hutt Pass) are eligible to renew to a 3 Peak Season Pass for 2022 at the 2021 Super Earlybird price. This renewal rate price is only available from 15 October 2021 - 11 November 2021. Guests must log into their MyPass account online and assign a 'party member' that had a 2021 Season Pass to the 2022 3 Peak Pass product to trigger the discount.
Pass Protection is your insurance cover and provides a refund of the Season Pass in the event of injury or medical condition, as per the sliding scale below.
Cover is further provided where a travel ban, imposed by regulatory bodies, precludes season pass use throughout the entire season. Where travel has been possible during the winter season, season pass refunds will not be considered.
The value of refunds will be calculated based on the use of the pass according to the table below.
0 days (pass not used) 100%
1 day – 87.5% refund
2 days - 75% refund
3 days – 62.5% refund
4 days - 50% refund
5 days – 37.5% refund
6 days - 25% refund
7 days – 12.5% refund
8+ days - No refund
Refunds only extend to the value of the pass type purchased and do not cover any ancillary or other associated costs. The Pass Protection add-on is regarded as an ancillary cost. Refunds must be made to the credit card used to purchase the pass and the pass will be cancelled.
Pass Protection does not cover you in the event you do not have a valid Covid-19 Vaccination Pass and are unable to use your Season Pass.
Applications for refunds can be made through our Guest Services team who are contactable at firstname.lastname@example.org. Claims must be supported by evidence including but not limited to a doctor's certificate, evidence of travel restrictions, or cancellations.
NZSki reserves the right to obtain independent advice to validate any claim.
All refunds will be made in New Zealand Dollars. If you paid by a credit card denominated in a foreign currency, the amount that you are refunded in your foreign currency may differ from what you were charged at the time of booking due to changes in the foreign exchange rates, non-refundable or additional bank or credit card charges, or other factors. NZSki will accept no liability for any loss that may be suffered due to these factors in relation to the amount refunded.
There will be no refund applications considered after the 31st of October for the season the pass was purchased for, irrespective of pass use.
Pass Protection can only be added to a Season Pass at the time of your initial Season Pass purchase. This cannot be added on at a later date.
First Tracks Add-on
The operation of First Tracks is subject to lift operations, terrain, snow and weather conditions and patrol clearances.
First Tracks seasonal dates vary each year and do not cover the entire winter operational season.
- Coronet Peak First Tracks operates Monday to Sunday from late June to early September.
- Mt Hutt First Tracks operates Saturdays and Sundays from early July to late September
Access to trails will be subject to operational requirements, weather and snow conditions and any scheduled race/events. NZSki does not guarantee the operation of First Tracks.
First Tracks cannot be purchased without a valid full-day Lift Pass or Season Pass.
Mt Hutt First Tracks Day Pass Add-on
Subject to the above conditions, a Mt Hutt First Tracks Day Pass Provides one-time access to the Summit Six chairlift from 8am to 9am.
Mt Hutt First Tracks Season Pass Add-on
Subject to the above conditions, a Mt Hutt First Tracks Season Pass Provides access to the Summit Six chairlift from 8am to 9am on Saturdays and Sundays.
Coronet Peak First Tracks Day Pass Add-on
Subject to the above conditions, a Coronet Peak First Tracks Day Pass Provides one time access to the Coronet Express chairlift from 8am - 9am.
Coronet Peak First Tracks Season Pass Add-on
Subject to the above conditions, a Coronet Peak First Tracks Season Pass Provides access to the Coronet Express chairlift from 8am - 9am, Monday to Friday and the Summit Six chairlift at Mt Hutt from 8am to 9am on Saturdays and Sundays.
The Coronet Peak First Tracks Season Pass cannot be added to a Mt Hutt Season Pass.
Multiday lift passes (3, 4, 5 and 6 day) provide full mountain lift access to Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt. Multiday Lift Passes are only valid for use during the winter season for which they were purchased for and include the below Terms and Conditions.
- Multiday Lift Passes do not need to be used consecutively, however all days must be used within 14 days of the first day of use.
- Multiday Lift Passes are non-transferable and non-refundable. Only the individual named at the time of purchase can use the pass.
- Multiday Lift Passes are valid for lift access only.
- Each day pass is valid for use between the standard operating hours of 9am – 4pm, operations are subject to conditions.
- Multiday passes are exchangeable for a Twilight Pass at Coronet Peak, an upgrade option may incur an additional fee.
- A discounted Night Ski product for Coronet Peak can be added on to your Multiday pass.
For 2022, all adult, child (8-17) and senior (65-74) full-day Lift Passes are Superpasses. This does not include Multiday passes, student, child (7 & under) and super senior passes (75+), or packaged products.
Your Superpass gives you access to ski at Coronet Peak, The Remarkables or Mt Hutt ski areas. Or if you want to take a day out from skiing you can exchange a single day Lift Pass for credit towards an off-mountain activity, dining out or retail therapy during the ski season.
To redeem your Superpass, present your MyPass card at any participating business and your credit will automatically be deducted from the total amount to pay. See a list of participating businesses through the below link.
A Superpass is valid to use at participating businesses from 10th June to 15th October for the year it was purchased for.
A Superpass is subject to our general Terms and Conditions
Season Pass 2022 - Terms and Conditions
By selecting to make payment by the instalment option, the customer hereby agrees to:
NZSki Limited (NZSki) retaining the customer's credit card details and automatically charging the customer's credit card across instalments.
Instalment plans are not interchangeable.
The first instalment will be charged at the time of purchase View our full Disclosure Statement.
You are required to make each payment of the amount specified and by the time specified. Payment plans are not interchangeable.
By selecting to make payment on the NZSki Ltd Instalment option, the customer hereby agrees to NZSki Limited automatically charging the customer's credit card as supplied, with the % amount of the product purchased as specified below on the payment dates sacrificed below.
Super Earlybird Instalment Plan if purchased before 12/11/2021:
- Payment 1 $50 at time of purchase
- Payment 2 on 25/01/2022 20% of purchase price less initial payment
- Payment 3 on 22/02/2022 20% of purchase price less initial payment
- Payment 4 on 22/03/2022 20% of purchase price less initial payment
- Payment 5 on 26/04/2022 20% of purchase price less initial payment
- Payment 6 on 24/05/2022 20% of purchase price less initial payment
Instalment Plan if purchased after 11/11/2021:
- Payment 1 at the time of purchase is 17% of the purchase price plus any instalments that have fallen due at that time
- Payment 2 on 25/01/2022 – 16.6% of purchase price
- Payment 3 on 22/02/2022 – 16.6% of purchase price
- Payment 4 on 22/03/2022 – 16.6% of purchase price
- Payment 5 on 26/04/2022 – 16.6% of purchase price
- Payment 6 on 24/05/2022 – 16.6% of purchase price
Instalment Plan if purchased after 31/3/2022:
Payment 1 at the time of purchase is 25% of the purchase price plus any instalments that have fallen due at that time
- Payment 2 on 10/05/2022 – 24.7% of purchase price
- Payment 3 on 24/05/2022 – 24.7% of purchase price
- Payment 4 on 07/06/2022 – 25.6% of purchase price
Default of payment
If any instalment payment is not made, e.g. due to the credit card payment being declined or reversed, NZSki reserves the right to charge a default administration fee of $35 per card transaction.
Customers can update their credit card details online, but should they wish to do so over the phone (0800 697 547 NZ / 1800 365 696 AU) it must be at least 5 business days before the next instalment date.
NZSki will not be responsible for failure by the customer to make payment on the due date for any reason.
Please do not send any credit card details via email.
Issue and Collection
Products purchased on instalments will not be issued or available for use or collection until full payment of all instalments has been received.
Private Lessons and Skiwiland
Private Lesson and Skiwiland bookings are fully refundable with no charge when we receive more than 48 hours notice for a cancellation.
Bookings can be rescheduled free of charge up to 48 hours before the lesson is due to take place. This is subject to availability and may not be possible in all circumstances.
There are no refunds for no shows, cancellations or rescheduling made within 48 hours of the original booking's start time.
Bookings missed due to illness or injury will be refunded on the presentation of a medical certificate as per our general terms of sale.
Bookings missed in the event of a mountain closed day will be rescheduled where possible or refunded if another day cannot be rescheduled.
All group lessons require a reservation for a date and time. Reservations can be added or modified by calling our reservations team on 0800 697 547, or by visiting our Guest Services team at any of our locations.
Please note that a Group Lesson that has only one person in it will receive reduced lesson time.
Intro to Snow
Three days of Lift Passes (day one is a beginner Lift Pass that gives you access to surface conveyors only, days 2-3 are full access Lift Passes).
Three days of full-day Group Lessons, 10am – 3:30pm.
Three days of recreational ski or snowboard equipment hire (skis or snowboard, boots, and poles). Helmet rental is included for children; adults can hire helmets for an additional cost.
Ski clothing can also be hired on the mountain in addition to this package. Please note we don’t hire gloves or goggles for hygiene reasons, but these items can be purchased at our retail store on the mountains.
The package is valid for use at Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt ski areas.
The three days don’t have to be used consecutively, but on each of the three days, you must use the Lift Pass, Lesson, and Rental; these cannot be used individually.
All three days of lessons must be booked at the time of purchase but can be rescheduled by our reservations team if required with more than 48 hours advance notice. Please note that due to capacity limitations not all dates or lesson times may be available.
Rental equipment must be returned to us if you’re taking days off between visits.
All three days must be used within the season you purchased the product for and are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
Intro to Snow Season Pass Upgrade
If you’re hooked at the end of the Intro to Snow programme, we have an optional upgrade to a 3 Peak Season Pass or a Mt Hutt Season Pass. The upgrade cost depends on when you purchase the Intro to Snow package.
Upgrades can be purchased through our Guest Services team upon completion of the three full days of Intro to Snow. All three lessons must be completed to be eligible to upgrade.
Pass Protection is available to purchase with your Season Pass upgrade at the time of sale. Pass Protection only covers the Season Pass upgrade and not the Intro to Snow product.
3 Peak Season Pass Upgrade Costs:
If purchased before 29 April 2022:
- Adult: $500
- Child: $49
If Purchased after 28 April 2022:
- Adult: $800
- Child: $49
Mt Hutt Season Pass Upgrade Costs:
- Adult: $100
- Child: $49
Intro to Snow Season Rental Upgrade
Guests that have completed all three days of Intro to Snow and upgrade to a Season Pass are also eligible for a Season Rental Upgrade. This can be purchased at the time of upgrading to a Season Pass or at a later date during the season.
Season Rental Upgrade: $199. Please see below Season Rental terms and conditions.
General Terms & Conditions
Terms & conditions of purchase and use of all snow sports rental at Coronet Peak, The Remarkables, and Mt Hutt ski areas
The Hirer accepts full responsibility for the use of the equipment received and accepts full responsibility for the care and security of the equipment for the duration of the hire period and undertakes to return the equipment received before the hire period expires.
Equipment must be returned by 4.45pm on the day that the hire period expires, or the hire extended by 4pm that day.
The Hirer shall be liable for the replacement cost of any rental equipment received which is not returned to the NZSki Ltd rental department by the end of the hire period.
The Hirer shall be charged in full to repair or replace the equipment unless it is judged to be reasonable wear and tear by NZSki Ltd.
The Hirer accepts that there are inherent and other risks involved in the sport for which the equipment is being used and acknowledges that they are aware of the extent of dangers, risks and the potential for injury, accident, damage or loss resulting from a fault or defect in the equipment hired and that he/she freely assumes and accepts all risk of personal accident, injury, damage or loss which may result directly or indirectly from hire, fault or defect in the equipment and he/she hereby indemnifies NZSki Ltd, its servants and agents accordingly.
The Hirer accepts that the ski-boot binding system will always not release and under all circumstances as is not a guarantee of protection from injury.
The Hirer accepts that the snowboard boot-binding system will not release at all and is, therefore, no guarantee for their safety.
Hire your ski and snowboarding equipment all season. Includes recreational boots, skis/snowboard and poles. Helmets are included for children (17 and under).
Full Season Rental does not include premium equipment and cannot be upgraded for the standard upgrade price.
Equipment will need to be collected and returned on the mountain each day. Available for Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt.
Guests must have a valid Season Pass to be eligible to purchase Season Rentals.
Please note, we have limited stock of premium equipment. We do not have premium equipment specifically for children, but our range may fit some kids aged 14-17. Please visit our rentals team on the mountain for more information.
WIFI TERMS OF SERVICE AND ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
WI-FI ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Access to the Service
The Service is a free service provided by NZSki Limited for the use of its guests and staff. Your access to the Service is completely at the discretion of NZSki Limited, and your access to the Service may be blocked, suspended, or terminated at any time for any reason including, but not limited to; violation of this Agreement, actions that may lead to liability for NZSki Limited, or its affiliates, or its owners, disruption of access to other users or networks, and violation of applicable laws or regulations.
NZSki Limited may revise this Agreement at any time. You must accept this Agreement each time you use the Service, and it is your responsibility to review it for any changes each time.
Acceptable Use of the Service
NZSki Limited supports the free flow of information and ideas over the Internet. Your access to the Service is conditioned on the legal and appropriate use of the Service. Your use of the Service and any activities conducted online through the Service shall not violate any applicable law or regulation or the rights of NZSki Limited, or any third party.
The use of the Service for the following activities is prohibited:
Spamming and Invasion of Privacy
Sending unsolicited bulk or commercial messages over the Internet using the Service or using the Service for activities that invade another's privacy
Intellectual Property Right Violations
Engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, or any other proprietary right of any third party
Obscene or Indecent Speech or Materials
Using NZSki Limited’ to advertise, solicit, transmit, store, post, display, or otherwise make available obscene or indecent images or other materials. NZSki Limited will notify and fully cooperate with law enforcement if it becomes aware of any use of the Service in any connection with child pornography or the solicitation of sex with minors.
Defamatory or Abusive Language
Using the Service to transmit, post, upload, or otherwise making available defamatory, harassing, abusive, or threatening material or language that encourages bodily harm, destruction of property or harasses another.
Forging of Headers
Forging or misrepresenting message headers, whether in whole or in part, to mask the originator of the message.
Accessing illegally or without authorization, computers, accounts, equipment or networks belonging to another party, or attempting to penetrate security measures of another system
This includes any activity that may be used as a precursor to an attempted system penetration, including, but not limited to, port scans, stealth scans, or other information gathering activity.
Distribution of Internet Viruses, Trojan Horses, or Other Destructive Activities
Distributing information regarding the creation of and sending Internet viruses, worms, Trojan Horses, pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, or denial of service attacks. Also, activities that disrupt the use of or interfere with the ability of others to effectively use the Node or any connected network, system, service, or equipment.
Facilitating a Violation of this Agreement of Use
Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software product, product, or service that is designed to violate this Agreement, which includes the facilitation of the means to spam, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks, and piracy of software.
Other Illegal Activities
Using the Service in violation of applicable law and regulation, including, but not limited to, advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available Ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes, fraudulently charging credit cards, pirating software, or making fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services.
The sale, transfer, or rental of the Service to customers, clients or other third parties, either directly or as part of a service or product created for resale.
Notice of Violations of the Agreement
NZSki Limited requests that anyone who believes that there is a violation of this Agreement contact our Service Desk team immediately on 0800 697 547.
- that the Service may not be uninterrupted or error-free;
- that viruses or other harmful applications may be available through the Service;
- that NZSki Limited does not guarantee the security of the Service and that unauthorized third parties may access your computer or files or otherwise monitor your connection;
- that NZSki Limited’ ability to provide the Service without charge is based on the limited warranty, disclaimer, and limitation of liability specified in this Section.
The service and any products or services provided on or in connection with the service are provided on an "as-is", "as available" basis without warranties of any kind. All warranties, conditions, representations, indemnities and guarantees with respect to the content or service and the operation, capacity, speed, functionality, qualifications, or capabilities of the services, goods or personnel resources provided hereunder, whether express or implied, arising by law, custom, prior oral or written statements by NZSki Limited, or otherwise (including, but not limited to any warranty of satisfactory quality, merchantability, fitness for particular purpose, title and non-infringement) are hereby overridden, excluded and disclaimed.
No Consequential Damages
Under no circumstances will NZSki Limited, their suppliers or licensors, or their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and affiliates be liable for consequential, indirect, special, punitive or incidental damages or lost profits, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable, based on claims of customer, its appointees or its or their customers (including, but not limited to, unauthorized access, damage, or theft of your system or data, claims for loss of goodwill, claims for loss of data, use of or reliance on the service, stoppage of other work or impairment of other assets, or damage caused to equipment or programs from any virus or other harmful application), arising out of breach or failure of express or implied warranty, breach of contract, misrepresentation, negligence, strict liability in tort or otherwise.
In no event will the aggregate liability that NZSki Limited or its owners may incur in any action or proceeding exceed $100. The limitations, exclusions, and disclaimers set forth in this section will not apply only if and to the extent that the law or a court of competent jurisdiction requires liability under applicable law beyond and despite these limitations, exclusions, and disclaimers.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless NZSki Limited, and its and their suppliers and licensors, officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates from any claim, liability, loss, damage, cost, or expense (including without limitation reasonable attorney's fees) arising out of or related to your use of the Service, any materials downloaded or uploaded through the Service, any actions taken by you in connection with your use of the Service, any violation of any third party's rights or an violation of law or regulation, or any breach of this agreement. This Section will not be construed to limit or exclude any other claims or remedies that NZSki Limited may assert under this Agreement or by law.
You agree to submit any and all controversies or claims arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the existence, validity, breach or termination thereof, whether during or after its term, to an arbitrator. The arbitrator may, at either party's request, grant injunctive relief. The arbitral award will be the exclusive remedy of the parties for all claims, counterclaims, issues or accountings presented or plead to the arbitrator. Judgment upon the arbitral award may be entered in any court that has jurisdiction thereof. Any additional costs, fees or expenses incurred in enforcing the arbitral award will be charged against the party that resists its enforcement. Nothing in this Section will prevent the parties from seeking interim injunctive relief against one another.
This Agreement shall not be construed as creating a partnership, joint venture, agency relationship or granting a franchise between the parties. Except as otherwise provided above, any waiver, amendment or other modification of this Agreement will not be effective unless in writing and signed by the party against whom enforcement is sought. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable, in whole or in part, such holding will not affect the validity of the other provisions of this Agreement.
NZSki Limited’ performance of this Agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this Agreement shall waive or impede NZSki Limited’ right to comply with law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of this Service or information provided to or gathered by NZSki Limited with respect to such use. This Agreement constitutes the complete and entire statement of all terms, conditions, and representations of the agreement between you and NZSki Limited with respect to its subject matter and supersedes all prior writings or understanding.